Writing New Adult Fiction
Join the New Adult Fiction revolution!
From Sylvia Day's Bared to You to Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster, new adult fiction has arrived--and it's hotter than ever. But there's more to this category than its 18-to-26-year-old characters: The success of your story depends on authentically depicting the transition of your young protagonists from teenhood to adulthood. With Writing New Adult Fiction, you'll learn how to capture the spirit of freedom, self-discovery, and romance that defines the new adult experience.
- Create memorable characters that act and sound like new adults.
- Sculpt a distinct personality for your fiction with POV, voice, tone, and word choices.
- Build a unique, captivating plot that satisfies your audience from beginning to end.
- Learn tools for revising effectively and efficiently in a speed-driven market.
- Weigh the options for your path to publication: traditional, indie, and hybrid.
The new adult category is filled with opportunities to break in with distinct plots and original characters. Make your mark by writing a novel that's fresh, unique--and wholly new adult!