The instructional book PLAYING TO DRAW is based on a series of games-exercises with which children of 3-6 years can learn while having fun, gaining new and more complex painting and manipulation knowledge and skills. The structure of the play-activities offered to children is based on a detailed educational tour, which respects and to develop specific needs and abilities typical of childhood. What for an adult may be perceived as an easy and banal exercise, for a child can appear a difficult task to achieve since the ability to concentrate and function capabilities of children are still little developed for both intensity, duration, and complexity of mental strategies adopted.
Also, in general, children live in their own fantasy-symbolic world which characterizes the everyday experiences. So, it is important that each child can have the necessary time and motivation to realize the proposed activities and internalize them in his own mental world.
The game-exercises of PLAYING TO DRAW develop the following concepts and topics:
1. DEVELOPMENT OF GRAPHIC EXPRESSION SKILLS
2. ACQUISITION OF SPATIAL ORIENTATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF GRAPHIC AND PRE-WRITING COMPETENCIES
3. DEVELOPMENT OF GRAPHIC EXPRESSION COMPETENCIES
4. DEVELOPMENT OF LOGICAL-SPATIAL COMPETENCIES AND IDENTIFICATION OF GEOMETRIC SHAPES
5. DEVELOPMENT LOGICAL-PERCEPTIVE COMPETENCIES THROUGH BY GRAPHIC-EXPRESSIVE ACTIVITIES