Do you have something important to say? By combining his experience as an educator and entrepreneur, author Gregory V. Diehl teaches passionate thinkers how to turn unique messages into profitable books—without sacrificing royalties or creative control to a publisher.
With in-depth advice about all stages of book creation, publication, and marketing, The Influential Author takes a uniquely grounded and intellectual approach to nonfiction self-publishing. Unlike self-publishing guides that promise to teach you how to write a bestselling book quickly and easily, Diehl’s book actually walks you through the complex details of planning, writing, editing, and promoting your work at the standards of traditional publishing.
Whether you are an experienced writer or have just started thinking about how to write a nonfiction book, The Influential Author will teach you about:
• Combining your passions and experience with reader demand to decide what book to write.
• Organizing your knowledge into sections and chapters for maximum comprehension and flow.
• Refining your book with feedback from editors, proofreaders, beta readers, and market testing.
• Choosing a title, subtitle, description, and cover design that capture your message and create sales.
• Pricing and promoting each format of your book (digital, print, and audio) for maximum readership and revenue.
• Enjoying lifelong passive income, influence, and meaning from your book’s success.
Publishing a book could be one of the most important things you ever do. Read The Influential Author to begin your path to writing nonfiction books that matter.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Tom Morkes
Questions to Help You Get the Most from This Book
Introduction to This Book’s Structure and Purpose
Part 1 - Philosophy
Chapter 1: The Historical Influence of Writing
Chapter 2: Introspecting What to Write About
Part 2 - Strategy
Chapter 3: The Market Ecosystem around Your Book
Chapter 4: Designing the Meaning of Your Message
Part 3 - Creation
Chapter 5: The Qualities and Conditions of a Writer
Chapter 6: Writing Your First Draft
Part 4 - Refinement
Chapter 7: Effectively Editing Your Message
Chapter 8: Proofreading, Pedantry, and Punctuation
Part 5 - Presentation
Chapter 9: Book Appearance and First Impressions
Chapter 10: Preparing Each Format of Your Book
Part 6 - Promotion
Chapter 11: Setting Your Book for Launch
Chapter 12: Maintaining Book Traffic and Exposure
Part 7 - Reward
Chapter 13: What Happens When You Publish a Book
Chapter 14: Your Destiny as Author and Publisher for Life