Food Aid in Sudan
- Totally unique in examining the
evolution and effects of food aid practices in one country over a period of
more than 50 years.
- Rich in empirical material - based
on extensive interviews with all those involved in the food aid process.
- Author is a vastly experienced aid
practitioner who took an active role in shaping emergency food policy in Sudan, having
worked for Oxfam, Medecins sans Frontieres and the World Food Programme.
- Darfur and Sudan/South Sudan more
generally continues to be a region of considerable policy, practitioner and
- Sudan has long been used as a test
bed for humanitarian strategies - the implications of Jasper’s findings will be
relevant to aid practices globally.
May 15, 2018