Cool Tokyo Guide
Discover the city of temples, video games, manga, and cosplay with this graphic Tokyo travel guide!
Tokyo is an astonishing world unto itself—a city for lovers of Japanese culture, fashion and great food that mixes the best of old and new. In Cool Tokyo Guide, Abby Denson, author of the popular Cool Japan Guide, turns her focus to Tokyo's exciting streets and a little bit beyond. Abby, her husband Matt, friend Yuuko and sidekick Kitty Sweet Tooth will introduce you to:
- A restaurant where clowns drive robots and mermaids ride on sharks
- Fantastic shops for lovers of everything from vintage manga to dollar-store treasures
- Great places to take kids—or be a kid, of any age—like the Ghibli Museum and Palette Town
- Famous sites both old and new, from Sensoji Temple to Tokyo Tower
- Major comic conventions in the anime, cosplay and manga capital of the world
- Must-visit spots like Ueno Park and even a few spots outside the city
This practical and fun comic book guide also helps you navigate everyday Tokyo life such as train etiquette, trash disposal, tricky toilets, department store fitting rooms, and the surgical mask phenomenon. There is also information on ways to prepare ahead of time to make the most of your stay in Tokyo. So whether you're planning a trip or taking an armchair sojourn, take this book with you and get ready for the best time ever!