Global Style Jewelry: Inspiration and Instruction for 25 Exotic Beaded Jewelry Projects
Around the World in 25 Designs!
Travel-loving jewelry designer Anne Potter takes you on a world tour of some of the most interesting and inspiring places in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. Follow along with her as she explores the people, art, architecture, and culture of each region and the aspects that inspire her jewelry designs. Without ever leaving the comfort of your own home you can:
- Craft a colorful tile bracelet that mimics the trencadís mosaics of Gaudì.
- Hand dye beads to create a stunning neckpiece inspired by ancient Incan knotted quipus.
- Weave simple yet striking beaded earrings inspired by the motifs of Persian kilim carpets.
- Upcycle colorful tin to create a gorgeous necklace that calls to mind the work of Senegalese metal sculptors.
- Join antique brass filigree pieces into a unique hand bracelet that evokes the patterns of traditional Indian henna tattoos.
Detailed instructions and step-by-step photos demonstrate a wide range of jewelry-making techniques, including stringing, beadweaving, wirework, macramé, metal stamping, and chain maille. Whether you're an armchair traveler or a dedicated globe trekker, Global Style Jewelry
will be your trusty guide to many dynamic and diverse places and projects.