Manga Magic: How to Draw and Color Mythical and Fantasy Characters
What do you get when you cross popular manga style with legends of old? Manga Magic! In this one-of-a-kind guide, beloved and prolific manga artist Supittha "Annie" Bunyapen (a.k.a. Ecthelian on deviantART) shows you how to put original spins on popular fantasy figures and creatures, with insight on everything from what they wear to where they dwell. Inside, you'll learn how to:
- Develop fantastic characters--from basic anatomy to important details like hair and skin tones.
- Design costumes fit for a goddess (or fairy, or Pan, or what-have-you) right down to armor, jewelry and footwear.
- Color with confidence. Achieve various results using basic watercolor techniques, special effects and markers.
- Set the scene with great backgrounds--from aerial views to underwater scenes.
- Bring it all together, step by step. 20+ start-to-finish demos feature a variety of mythic characters, from wood nymphs and Golem, to multiple gods and goddesses.
Whether you base your characters on traditional Greek mythology, Japanese folklore or fantastical renditions of your own imagining, this guide will lead you step by step through the creation of your own magical manga worlds!